Wise Patient Direct Services Guide
What is included?
- Unlimited office visits with your personal physician.
- Same or next-business-day appointments for topics you consider to be urgent, Monday through Friday, excluding office holidays.
- Unlimited access to phone and portal message exchange (i.e. HIPAA compliant email) with Wise Patient Internal Medicine, PLLC to make your primary care more thorough and more convenient. However, your physician may require a face-to-face appointment for reasons of medical accuracy or safety.
- 24/7 phone access to Dr. Warren, Dr. Beda, or (much less commonly) a designated on-call provider. Responses to non-urgent messages are likely to be responded to in 24 hours or less. Please limit after-hours calls to medical urgencies.
- Access to cash pay discounts. We are able to negotiate on your behalf from various 3rd-parties such as imaging centers, laboratories, specialty providers, therapists, nutritionists, trainers, and durable medical equipment vendors.
- Open notes – electronic access to each appointment’s assessment and all test results.
- Office-based testing and minor procedures when medically indicated:
- In-office blood draw (minus laboratory component)
- EKG with MD interpretation
- Spirometry with MD interpretation
- Pap smear (minus laboratory component)
- Dipstick urinalysis
- Urine pregnancy test
- Fingerstick blood glucose
- Rapid Strep throat test
- Rapid monospot test for mononucleosis
- Simple suturing/dermabond closure of non-facial, minor lacerations
- Basic wound care
- Simple skin (“punch”) biopsies (minus laboratory component)
- Hemosure test for blood in stool (a method of colon cancer screening)
- Influenza and Tdap vaccines and their administration.
- Thorough organization and review of your historic and outside medical records.
- Sophisticated electronic health record (AthenaHealth) with built-in ability to track when you are due for preventative health screenings and completion of orders for labs, imaging and referrals to specialists.
What is excluded?
- Your Wise Patient Direct membership only includes services specifically listed as included (prior page). All other services are excluded. Here are some exclusions worthy of emphasis:
- Services performed by parties other than Wise Patient Internal Medicine, PLLC, including but not limited to: emergency room visits, hospital care, specialist care, medical imaging, laboratory tests performed by third parties, physical therapy, psychotherapy, massage, acupuncture, and chiropractic care.
- Vaccines/medication costs for vaccines other than influenza and Tdap.
- Medical tests not performed in this office.
- Cosmetic dermatology procedures.
- Durable medical equipment (e.g.,braces, splints, crutches etc. Here too, we do not mark these costs up for profit).
- Maternity and prenatal care.
- Face-to-face appointments after-hours or on weekends (i.e., when the clinic is not open)
Please feel free to contact either of us with any questions.
Sam Warren, MD, MSc and Rachel Beda, MD
Co-owners, Wise Patient Internal Medicine, PLLC